Welcome To Tech-Portal
Welcome To The World Of Tech-Portal. To Enjoy All Services Of This Portal You Will Have To Register Below. Register And Enjoy. Regards: Admin

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Staff Members Needed For Maintainence. Contact Admin.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Affiliates

Latest topics
» Shutdown Computer With Command Prompt or shortcut for shutdown
Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:29 pm by Admin

» Pop a banner each time Windows Boots
Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:37 pm by Admin

» APPLY AS STAFF MEMBER
Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:58 am by Admin

» Top 10 Speed Tweaks For Windows Vista
Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:08 am by Admin

» Portable Oxford Dictionary
Sat Jul 10, 2010 9:56 am by Admin

» Add Your Face to Movie Poster
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:21 pm by Admin

» Outline Sketch Effect
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm by Admin

» Separating Complex Objects from Background
Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:00 pm by Admin

» Real Player Gold
Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:09 pm by Admin

Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking Digg  Social bookmarking Delicious  Social bookmarking Reddit  Social bookmarking Stumbleupon  Social bookmarking Slashdot  Social bookmarking Yahoo  Social bookmarking Google  Social bookmarking Blinklist  Social bookmarking Blogmarks  Social bookmarking Technorati  

Bookmark and share the address of Welcome To Tech-Portal on your social bookmarking website

Bookmark and share the address of Welcome To Tech-Portal on your social bookmarking website
Statistics
We have 22 registered users
The newest registered user is dan007

Our users have posted a total of 84 messages in 76 subjects
Flag Counter

Share | 

Outline Sketch Effect

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Outline Sketch Effect   Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:08 pm

In this tutorial I want to show you one very interesting way how to create text by using outline sketch effect. It can be done within a few minutes in Photoshop.

First of all, create a new document in Photoshop. I created document sized 1000×500 pixels with all the default settings, RGB, 72 dpi. Then fill it with color of #d7c7a8.

Then I would like to add some text to demonstrate effect on it. Get out the Horizontal Type Tool and write out your text on the middle of canvas, for example ‘Draft’ in whatever color you want.

In the above image I’ve used font called Hall Fetica (350 pt, Sharp), which is free. You can download this font from here: http://www.fontcubes.com/Hall-Fetica.font. After that set up fill opacity of text layer to 0% and apply Bevel and Emboss layer style to it.

Duplicate current layer with Ctrl+J and move it 5 pixels up and left. Go to Bevel and Emboss layer style options and change the shading angle and altitude to the similar which you can see on the picture below:

The result should be the same as mine:

We are done with text, now we need to add more guide lines to demonstrate outline sketch effect. At first I would like to add only vertical lines. Select the Line Tool (Weight: 1px) and add different length lines with black color:

Then merge all of it into the one layer and apply Filter > Blur > Motion Blur with next presets:

Now you should have something like this:

Then create a new layer and add horizontal lines with Line Tool (Weight: 1px) on the same way:

Merge all horizontal lines into the one layer again and apply Filter > Blur > Motion Blur with similar settings to these:

The result should be next:

Ok, now merge all layers together and apply Filter > Brush Strokes > Spatter.

Now you can see the difference after using this filter:

Apply another one Filter > Texture > Texturizer:

The result should be next:

And the last one filter that we have to apply is Filter > Noise > Add Noise:

That’s it for now! We got very nice and pretty simple outline sketch text effect, thanks for taking the time to read it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://techportal.1talk.net

Outline Sketch Effect
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1